The Project Kanban is designed to help you visualize integral pieces of every project and maximize flow. Fashioned after a traditional task board, the Kanban’s columns separate and organize Stories into four primary phases of workflow. The columns are: Queue, In Progress, QA, and Done. The status you assign your Story will determine which column it will show up under. By default, all Stories are stored under the “Backlog” column. However, you can drag and drop a Story to a new column or reorder it in the same column to fit your needs.
What separates the Project Kanban from other kanban systems out there is its ability to track the time spent on every phase of your project and visualize your workflow in a more cohesive and simplistic manner. This is where your team’s collaboration and success go hand in hand.
1. Go to the Projects Page by clicking the link in the navigation bar on the left.
2. Next, check out a project by clicking on its name in the Project List
3. You should see all of your project’s Stories here. Every Story is listed under the “backlog” column by default. If you chose a different status when creating a Story, it will be listed under the corresponding column.
4. You can vertically drag and drop Stories to reorder them, or move them into a new column entirely. The change will be reflected in the status column in your backlog as well! The ordering process is for you to decide, so we’ve made it as easy as possible to help you along the way.
5. You can search for individual Stories by typing a title or phrase into the search bar on the top of the screen. The search will match all relevant items in moments. For example, typing in the word, “update”, will filter for not only stories entitled “update”, but will also pull up any Story that contains the word.
Congratulations! You’ve completed all the necessary steps in setting up your team’s Kanban.Now you can take some time to familiarize yourself with User Features, starting with Introducing Your Dashboard. Once you’ve got a grip on Lyght, all that’s left is to simply watch as your team’s productivity and ROI flourish!